Sunday, May 6, 2012

To Read or Not To Read


That is not the question. Read - That’s what I plan to do this summer.  I read the Hunger Games series and loved it! I couldn’t put it down.  And I was reminded or maybe realized that I like to read.
There are so many books sitting on my bookshelf that at some point I thought I’d like to read but haven’t got to.  This summer I will read them all! And then some.  I’ve wanted to read so many of the “classics” for so long and I can’t wait to sit by the pool and read. Yes mom you’re reading this correctly, I’m excited to read!
My friend Jon told me about an iPhone app to track books you’re interested in, recommendations, etc. It’s called “Goodreads”.  Feel free to follow me and see what I’m reading, I’d love to know what you’re reading too.  The books on my Goodread list are Water for Elephants, The Book Thief and A Dog’s Purpose. Any thoughts on those?
Thank goodness for my iPad. I downloaded an app on that for reading books.  Google PlayBooks. You can download almost anything for super cheap! And lots of the classics are free.  I heard that reading on an iPad is better for your eyes than reading an actual book “old school” style.  Your eyes don’t have to readjust every time  you turn the page so it’s better for your eyesight.
Here are the classics I haven’t read but plan to (no judgment, please!):
·         To Kill a Mockingbird
·         The Importance of Being Ernest
·         Great Expectations
·         Jane Eyre
Any other recommendations – I’ll add them to my list.  Stay tuned for my thoughts on the books I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment