Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Post Baby Must Haves

Molly is my first baby so I had no idea what to expect during pregnancy, birth and the dreaded first few weeks after.  I say "dreaded" because everything I read made those first few weeks after baby sound terrifying.  I actually wasn't very nervous about pushing out a baby, I was petrified about what was to come after.

Turns out, not that bad.  And I'd like to think it's partially because I spent a lot of time researching (Pinterest, let's me real) different things that will make my life better post-baby.  So here is a list of life savers.  These are things I actually used and why I love them.  Hope they help you, too!




Belmama aka The Shower Hug
Not everyone tells you how extremely painful breastfeeding can be.  Your poor boobs take a beating and this wrap is heaven for those boobies.  Don't believe me? Try taking a shower one day after breastfeeding.  I bet you surrender good hygiene because it's so painful.

Well this wrap is so soft against your sensitive skin and the Velcro allows you to make this as tight or loose as you want.  Seriously, it's amazing so just buy it.



Prescription Nipple Meds
In keeping with breastfeeding pain, ask your doctor about prescription medicine.  There are a couple different kinds out there so just ask you doctor (if they don't just write you a prescription).  When we took Molly for her first appointment I told her doctor I had no idea how painful breastfeeding was.  She looked at me like I'm such a rookie and then wrote me a prescription.  She's another angel.  Thank you, Dr. Stearns.


Bravado Nursing Bra
You can find nursing bras everywhere: Target, Macy's, Maternity stores and I've bought them everywhere in the search for a comfortable, sturdy bra that lifts.  Well those stores don't have it.

Bravado is amazingly comfortable, has thick back support, doesn't come unsnapped easily. It's worth every penny. (PS - I bought this on Amazon)


Bellefit Postpartum Girdle
I am by no means back to sexy pre-pregnancy me ; ) but I'm pretty close.  Actually, I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight but I also lost weight my first trimester so I'd like to get back there, which means I have just a few lbs to go.  I did not work out much during my pregnancy (but I did do Tracy Anderson's pregnancy DVD.  It's awesome because she's pregnant too) and did not start working out post-baby until my 6 week you're-good-to-go appointment.  

This is not at all comfortable a few days after, duh.  And you may be broken hearted to find it's very difficult to put on right away but you just built a person.  It's ok.  Seriously, it is amazing!  This is another one where I believe you should just buy it.  (I also bought this on Amazon)

Always Radiant Pads
So this isn't the most glamorous product but it's a necessity.  Sorry ladies, you'll have to wear pads so you might as well be comfortable.  These were perfect.  They seem a little thick but they're weightless.  Never felt like I was wearing a pad, thank goodness!


Sleep Number Bed
Ok, so this one is super expensive and not at all necessary but you will be amazed at how incredible this bed is.  Think about it.  What determines whether you have a good or bad day (more or less) - how you sleep.

You don't sleep much when pregnant and you sleep even less once you have the baby so don't you want those few hours you are sleeping to be amazing? My husband knew I wasn't sleeping well while pregnant so we went to look at Sleep Number beds, just to check it out.  Well, we fell in love and now we sleep like champs.  I seriously have never slept so well.  Usually, I would love staying at hotels and getting a "good nights sleep" but now I can't wait to get home.  I know it's expensive and quite a monetary commitment but this bed has saved my sleep.

Hey husband's - have you ever heard of a push present?  This is a great option : )

2 comments:

  1. I have been in search of a good nursing bra since baby 1. I'm looking forward to trying these Bravado bras. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea with bed. Of course, it is expensive, but it is very important to have a good rest after you give birth to baby. All your tips are great! Thanks

    ReplyDelete