Thursday, May 1, 2014

Style the Bump



 As I near the end of this pregnancy (thank goodness!) I've made one decision I'll carry with me through all my future pregnacies - where to buy maternity clothes.  When you're pregnant you may feel awful/fat/tired/etc, I mean we're growning a HUMAN inside of you.  But what makes that even worse is looking the way you feel - you don't want that.  For me, the worse I felt, the better I wanted to look.

I've purchased maternity clothes from many stores with many price ranges - mainly Motherhood Maternity, Pea in the Pod, Target, ASOS and Old Navy.  I put together a little list on each store and I hope it helps any future mamas!

5. Motherhood Maternity
  • Pros: Lots of options - dresses, tank tops, shirts, pants, jeans, shorts, bras.  Basically anything you'd need, they have it.  There are actual store-fronts so you can try on the clothes which is nice because you won't really know what size you are, ever.  They have sales ALL THE TIME.  And there are even some outlet store options.
  • Cons: Not the cutest clothes.  Not the most comfortable clothes.  Not the most well made clothes.  You get what you pay for...
4. Pea in the Pod
  • Pros: This is the nicer version of Motherhood Maternity.  The clothes are designer (think 7 for all mankind, bcbg, hudson, etc.) so it's more stylish and well made.
  • Cons: Again, you get what you pay for.  I bought one pair of jeans from here, that's all I could afford...

3. Target
  • Pros: Easily accessible, there are Target's everywhere.  Target's maternity line is limited but it includes the basics - tank tops, t-shirts, jeans and some dresses.  The best thing you can buy at Target is their basic (non-maternity) tank tops.  They are THE BEST just get a size bigger or two or three : )  They are super cheap, come in tons of colors and can be worn with anything.
  • Cons: I love me some Target but I never really found anything there that flattered my growing belly.

2. ASOS
  • Pros: Not many women know about ASOS let alone the fact that they have a maternity line.  Well, they do and it's awesome.  This site is where you'll find cute clothes, more "one-of-a-kind" type of maternity clothes.  And the cost is pretty affordable.
  • Cons: Online only.  This is just hard because you can't try on anything.  I will say though, returns are easy, just keep your receipt.

1. Old Navy - Saved the best for last!
  • Pros: I've never been a huge Old Navy fan but let me tell you - for all my future pregnancies this is the main place I'll shop.  Sales, sales, sales all the time.  I don't love the idea of spending lots of money on maternity clothes because you don't wear them for very long.  ON clothes are so comfortable. They have tons of options.  I haven't disliked one thing I ordered from ON. 
  • Cons: No store-front.  The maternity shop is online only but you can return things to the store, so it's really not that bad.

1 comment:

  1. You feeling for better look is quite normal and natural! And you have made this task successfully!

    ReplyDelete