Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY: Wine Barrel Coffee Table

I found a wine barrel table where else but on Pinterest.  I fell in love with it while convincing myself I hated the coffee table we had so with a little help from my amahhzing hubs, we created our own!


It adds so much character to the living room and isn't as chunky as the other table.  I couldn't be happier (except when I think about all the wine I get to drink to fill up the table with corks)!
How we accomplished the project:
We bought the barrel at the Home Depot in the garden section.  My husband sanded the barrel, sprayed some shellac and let it dry outside for about 2 days (mostly because of the smell).  I ordered the glass on Amazon and it arrived within one week.  The barrel is 26 inches across so we went with tempered glass 30 inches x 1/2 inch.  I bought Silicone gels to keep the table from sliding around and done!

Half Wine Barrel: $31 (including tax), Home Depot
Sand Paper: under $5, Home Depot
Spray Shellac: $4, Home Depot
Silicone Presses: $4, Target
Custom Glass: $80 Dulles Glass Company (via Amazon)
Total Price: just about $120

It was a little more than I was expecting to pay but for a custom piece, I'll keep it.  Also, for a table similar to mine, online is $875 (WHAT?!) Yep, I saved enough to make it MORE than worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked but some people have said the glass can be found at Bed Bath & Beyond for $9.

    ReplyDelete