Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 35 is full of Insight

I've been very lucky not having too many people give me unwarranted advice, rub my tummy, all the cliche awkward moments.  But I just wanted to give some advice to anyone who's willing to listen...

This past weekend I got to spend some time with one of my best friends and her sweet adorable daughter.  She's also a first time mom and helped me put a few things into perspective (in addition to solving some of the reasons I've been so cranky the past few weeks).

Ok so as you probably figured out, I'm a first time mom.  I really have no idea what I've gotten myself into.  Literally a week ago, I watched a YouTube video on how to change a diaper because truth be told, I wasn't sure I knew how.  What Kaitlyn helped me realize is everyone has their own way of doing things, in their own time, it'll all get figured out.  I'll figure it out.

I'll figure out what works best for me.  And Molly.  And our family.  I'll figure out how to change a diaper, how to give a bath, how to do it all but I'll do it in my way and in my time.  I've been inundated lately with people telling me, "you'll be able to do that", "you should be able to come to that", "if you haven't had your baby yet you'll be fine coming to this event an hour away the day after you're due".  You're right.  Maybe I should be able to do this or that or come to an event an hour away the day after I'm due, but the thing is, I may not feel comfortable doing any of that.  I may not be ready and guess what - that's ok.  I can't allow myself to feel pressured.

I'm a new mom.  This whole thing is scary for me.  I'm going to over-analyze, I'm going to be overcautious and that's ok.  I'll figure it out.

Thank you, Kait for helping me feel better!

1 comment:

  1. I believe you are a great first time mom because it is only thing I can tell you judging from the posts you are making! Go on setting a good example for us!

    ReplyDelete