Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What To Wear

. . . When you have a "Fat Day"
OK so some of you may not have "fat days", lucky you, but sometimes I do.  I always struggle to figure out what to wear and end up feeling like a bag lady, no matter what I choose.  So here is my suggestion to everyone, including myself.

Make a "Go To" List.  You have a fabulous closet, you know you do.  Hand a list in your closet or on your phone of outfits you love. Take a picture of the outfit and how you look it in.  I save mine in the "Notes" section on my iPhone.  It's so convenient to revert back to instead of taking too long to figure what I should wear.

Here are 2 of my "Go To" Outfits

Shirt: White Button Down. You can find anywhere. Get a nice fit and  make sure to iron!
Bottom: Black Sequin Skirt. Not too short (this isn't about hooching it up). I found mine at The Loft.
Jewerly: Simple J.Crew Pearl Drop Earrings. I bought mine from eBay. See my post "You're Welcome"
Shoes: Black pumps. Every girl should have a solid pair of black pumps.  Nine West makes great pumps. One day I'll have my Louboutins : )



Shirt: Striped T-Shirt. Ralph Lauren. You can find lots of different colors at TJMaxx for cheap!
Skirt: Pleated or Pencil.  Totally different looks but both work.  Go with a color that compliments but is not the same color of the strips.  The above skirt is J. Crew.
Jewelry: Pearl Stack Necklace.  You will wear this every day. I have this exact necklace and it's my ultimate go-to.  You can find it on eBay also (have you noticed I love J. Crew)
Shoes: Tan Wedges. They're more comfortable than heels and so cute! If you're feeling icky, wedges will turn that around! These are Michael Kors.

Remember to choose what looks best on you, what you love.  If you wear an outfit and you feel great in it, add to your "Go To" List.  You'll be so thankful you have it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! You should do more fashion posts like these. :) Good tips- thank you.

    ReplyDelete