Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Believer of the Liebsters

Today I was so surprised to get a sweet note from Sheena of BeanInLove letting me know she nominated me for a Liebster Award.  What is a Liebster you ask? Yes it is German, no it's not what you think...  It is however, an award from a blogger presented to “up and coming” bloggers recognizing them for their blog-abilities.  What?! I am super excited about this and almost embarrassed at my lack of blogging to receive this nom.

By the way, if you are a reader of Cevi Chion (I think there’s a whole 3 of you out there), I would be LOVE if you'd take a minute to subscribe PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - subscribe button on the right sidebar.

To accept this award (there’s a gold statue included…right??) each nominated blogger must:
  1. Post 11 random facts about oneself
  2. Answer the questions your “nominator” has asked of you and then create 11 new questions to pass on to…
  3. Bloggers (with less than 200 followers) you’d like to nominate for a Liebster who…
  4. You should notify of their nomination via a comment on their webpage and a link on yours
** No tag backs **

So onto #1:
  1. I greatly dislike mini-horses.  I know that sounds so weird but I don’t like them at all.  They make me nervous and uncomfortable.
  2. Speaking of being uncomfortable, I also really dislike kankles.  I actually don’t trust people with kankles – sorry…
  3. I’ve lived all over the country – Detroit, Houston, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Steubenville, Austria (a brief but wonderful stint), Grand Rapids and now Falls Church/Fairfax.  Read all about my struggle with home here
  4. I’ve never broken a bone but growing up they knew me in the X-Ray room after many false alarms.
  5. Although I’ve never broken a bone, I’ve had 3 knee surgeries thanks to basketball.
  6. My dad is a pretty famous heart doctor (in the world of heart doctors) and specializes in treating sweet babies. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO DAD!
  7. I didn’t care for my husband before I really met him.  We had a couple classes together and he was the guy who sat in the front of class and had a story for everything.  Ughhh.  Grant it, it was a military related story and he had just gotten back from a tour in Iraq. Never the less, it bothered me.
  8. My sister and I are almost identical.  Not really, but many people think we’re twins.  We’re also best friends. We both live in VA, work for the same company and drive red Jeeps.
  9. Speaking of Jeeps, I’ve only owned Jeeps.  I had a Red Cherokee, Black Liberty, Blue Grand Cherokee and now I have another Grand Cherokee (in red).
  10. My dream job is to be a part of Michael Kors style team. One day…
  11. I would rather have a fixer-upper than walk-in ready home.  Yes, I say that now while I don’t own a home but I love that personalization.
#2: Answers
  • What blog inspires you the most?
    • I love Pink Peonies.  Rachel’s style is amazing and I’m so jealous of all the great stuff she gets to do and wear.  I also love Bean in Love.  All while Sheena has two little babes, she’s able to complete such amazing DIY projects and includes some of the best tutorials around.  And I actually believe a real friendship has grown through this blogosphere.
  • When you go shopping for yourself, what’s the first thing you buy?
    • Shoes.  No matter how thin or fat, shoes fit.  They give you confidence like nothing else can.
  • What’s your favorite T.V. show?
    • I loved Greek but since it’s over… Revenge
  • If/when you go to Target, what area of the store do you spend the most time?
    • Home Section (especially on the aisles with sales)
  • What is the best book you have read?
    • The Swimsuit by James Patterson kept me on the edge of my seat but I loved The Great Gatsby
  • What is one food you could eat every day?
    • Nachos
  • Name the funniest move ever, of all time?
    • A lot of movies come to mind but I keep coming back to Uncle Buck (thank you dad)
  • Coffee or tea?
    • Double Tall Americano
  • What is the most misunderstood about you?
    • I’m very blunt and because of that I tend to come across as a b*tch. Not arguing with that BUT I have a huge heart.  I’m also pretty sarcastic which also adds to my bitchiness but once you get to know me it’s obvious it’s not to be mean, it’s just part of who I am (again, thanks dad…)
  • Which city in American do you like the best?
    • Houston.  Where the stars at night are big and bright. What’s not to love about gentleman hold doors open for you, pretty ladies, and everyone saying  y’all.
  • What do you appreciate most about your life?
    • My many blessings.  Original, I know.  But I have truly been blessed.  I have the most amazing family who love and support one another through everything, the greatest husband who always puts a smile on my face (normally because I’m laughing at him), and the bestest best friends a girl could ask for.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! i'm dying over here? mini-horses? hilarious. and kankles...i won't tell you then that i maybe didn't but maybe did have them towards the end of my pregnancy...which, wouldn't count anyway, right? i could comment for days but i'll stop there. so impressed at your speedy acceptance!!! thank you! loved reading...keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops...i'm dying over here...definitely a statement, not a question. aaannd just got spit up on, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrrl.... I loved reading this! I did the Liebster award a few blogs back! There is nothing I love as much as some facts about people :) And now, I am following your blog! Woot woot.

    ReplyDelete