Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Chicken

Ingredients
  • 8 oz package of Cream Cheese (no need to use the whole thing, I had a lot left over)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2%)
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • 2 strips of turkey bacon
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • corn flakes (to use as breading, smash up in a bag and use enough to cover the chicken)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions
  1. Cook the bacon
  2. Slice the jalapenos (I took out the seeds and membrane but there was no spice, I'll include next time)
  3. Mix cream cheese, cheddar, bacon and jalapenos
  4. Slice the chicken on the large side, stuff mix and secure with toothpicks (I didn't have toothpicks and didn't really need them)
  5. Roll chicken in corn flakes
  6. Pour the vegetable oil and cook chicken in skillet - 10 minutes each side to get crispy
  7. I used large chicken breasts so I needed to put them in the oven, about 20 minutes at 350 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment