Thursday, March 14, 2013

WW Mocha Chocolate Truffles


My husband and I have been on Weight Watchers for little over a month now and it's been great!  We're both down LBS and feeling amazing.  One of the most difficult things for me though has been to cut down on chocolate.  Until I found this recipe...


These are probably the BEST thing I’ve ever made.  They’re so creamy and chocolately and scrumptious, I just love them!  To ensure I never lose this recipe and because it’s just selfish if I don’t, I decided to share the recipe with the world.

Ingredients
·         8 oz (1 cup) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
·         3 TBSP butter, unsalted
·         1/3 cup Half and half, fat free
·         2 TSP Instant coffee powder (2 small packets)
·         1/3 Cup Cocoa (I used Dark Cocoa because I LOVE chocolates)

Directions:
1.      Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and set over low heart.  Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth; remove saucepan from heat
2.       Stir in the half and half and instant coffee.  Blend until smooth.  Empty contents in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm (3 hours to 2 days)
3.       When chocolate is ready, put the cocoa powder in a small bowl and dust your hands with the powder.  Roll the chocolate into a ball (if you have a melon scoop that works best) and then roll the ball in the powder.  Should have 32 portions. 
4.       Layer the truffles between sheets of wax paper in a covered container and refrigerate up to a week – aka these need to be eaten in a week

Best Part: These truffles are 1 Weight Watchers point each!!!

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! I am trying to lose the baby weight, so I've been cutting out a lot of sugar. These look perfect for when I need a little something :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete