Friday, March 18, 2016

Drop and Give me 20


Because let's be real, 20 pushups (lady-like style) is all I can do without stopping and crying.  So in an effort to get into shape this year I had to really commit.  And not make excuses, which with a kid, you can come up with a reason to not do anything, especially work out.  But I have a wedding this summer where I'll see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and I'd like to look nice.

So I committed. And I made my husband commit too, if he was still soundly sleeping while I'm working out I'd come up with a reason to join him.  We started waking up early and easing into this workout thing with Pilates.  I love 10 Minute Pilates.  There are 5 workouts and depending on how much time you have you can do 1 or 5 sets.  It's awesome.  Especially the stretching.

After a few weeks we bumped up the routine to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  This is a great 20 minute workout.  There are 3 levels depening on how fit you are, you get strength, cardio and ab work.  You're sore for days. That's how I typically measure good workouts.

"If you want a good workout, why don't you just use Beach Body?"  Yes, I know about Beach Body.  I'm very familiar.  I've done P90x, 21 Day Fix, Shakeology but quite frankly, I got burnt out.  It was a big committment and I wasn't there yet.  I hope to get there but I need to work my way into it.

What about you? What's your go-to workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment