Thursday, June 21, 2012

So Juicy

I recently purchased a juicer to try out some new ways to get healthy.  I'm in love!  It's a Hamilton Beach, nothing fancy but gets the job done.  Instead of having to clean the bucket, I just put a plastic bag in there for easy clean up.  And it's easy.


I got this book when I purchased the juicer and it doesn't just have recipes, it has recipes to help with EVERYTHING!  Would you like to reduce muscle cramps? There's a recipe for that.  Cancer prevention? Fighting infections? Seriously - a recipe for everything.


 Tonight I tried 2 recipes. One I LOVED and the other, well good thing it's for weight loss.

This recipe was awesome! You could seriously drink some of these as a meal (I was full at the end)
1. Watermelon Orange - Good for reducing water retention (picture on left)
1 Cup Watermelon
1 Orange, peeled
Juice and stir.

This one was a little hard to handle.  If you get heartburn or acid reflux - take a pill before.
2. Skinny Dip - Good for weight loss (picture on right)  All I can say about this one is Oww. This is super sour! I think adding 1 Splenda might make this just right so next time.
1 Lemon, rind intact
1 Lime, rind intact
1 Cup Sparkling water
Halve lemon and lime. Juice. Add sparkling water to juice. Stir.



No comments:

Post a Comment